Tonight I needed a super simple, quick vegan meal for one. Something full of vegetable goodness but also substantial on my plate to please my eyes as well as my belly.
This recipe hit the spot and only took 15 minutes from pulling ingredients out of the fridge, to twisting it around my fork and into my mouth, and best of all it only required one pan to cook (bonus, less washing) and packed plenty of flavour without too many calories.
If you're like me and enjoy an easy leftovers lunch for the work the following day, double the recipe and pop it into a container in the fridge ready for reheating the following day. It tastes just as good reheated as it did after the original cook.
Serving Size: One
- 1/2 Can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 Can lentils (I used brown)
- 1 Tablespoon Hummus
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 1 Teaspoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Cup Water
Salt & Pepper
- Grab a large nonstick fry pan or wok and heat (I use a stone pan to eliminate using oil)
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, tinned lentils and grind in some salt & pepper to taste. (Ideally use pink or celtic salt instead of white table salt)
- Combine Italian herbs, nutritional yeast and hummus into the tomato and lentil mixture
- Add water and stir through
- Simmer all above ingredient together for 5 minutes till warmed through (I used canned lentils, if you've used uncooked lentils you'll need to add additional water and cook for longer until the lentils are tender).
- While pan is simmering, spiralize zucchini to make the spaghetti/zoodles
- Add zucchini to pan and continue to cook till zoodles are tender
Grab a plate to serve immediately
I personally love a a little sugar free BBQ sauce on top for decoration and serve the Bolognese with a toasted wrap on the side.
Note: Recipe doubles, triples or even quadruples well (although you'll need a large pan).
34g Carbs | 13g Protein | 3g Fat
215 Calories per serve